We are taking control of our narrative and telling the world our experiences with your help!
Latinas are multi-faceted. They are bilingual, bicultural, and navigate worlds seamlessly. We have many stories to tell, and who better to tell them, than us! Contribute original and fresh content that other Latinas can identify with, from traditions and hardships, to hair, art, and relationships, all topics are welcome.
If you’re interested in sharing your story, read on. Please review our guidelines below before submitting your article.
- Submit your post online. We read and edit every submission we receive. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, it has not been accepted. Feel free to submit a different post after 14 days.
- Preferred word count is 250-700 words. We value substance over length. Excessively long articles will not be accepted.
- Posts must be unique and original to Latina Made Not Maid. Posts must not have been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your personal blog or website) or be slated for distribution on other sites.
- If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source. We prefer links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets.
- Add to the conversation. Our goal is to feature a wide range of topics and have a large library of great content. How can your piece stand out from the rest?
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and makes them want to read your piece: Ask yourself, what problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
- Write in your own voice. How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
- We respect your identity. If you wish to remain anonymous, please check the box in the form below. For all others, please include a personal bio of 120 characters or less, along with your social media URL. We want to give you exposure and share your social media platforms to our audience!
- Once your article has been accepted, please send us a headshot or photo of you to be used for your bio, unless you wish to remain anonymous. All contributors are encouraged to submit photos for their posts within five (5) days from your acceptance notification. These should be at least 850 pixels x 400 pixels. The photo (or photos) should be original, the image should be high-quality, and emailed to email@example.com. Please use your post “Title” in the subject line of your email. We prefer photos taken in natural daylight.
- If you have a short video (no longer than 3 minutes) , we are happy to include that in the post, too.
- At this time, contributors are not compensated.
- By submitting to Latina Made Not Maid you acknowledge that you accept any form of editing the LMNM editorial team deems necessary.
Our audience is made up of Latina women who are proud, intelligent, and modern. They enjoy topics on feminism, career, culture, and balancing work life with family. We look forward to reading and sharing your story!